Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fabulous Friends Wednesday - Jax from Aly & Ash

Welcome Friends to another FABULOUS FRIENDS WEDNESDAY!!!!   We are thrilled to welcome Jax from Aly & Ash.  I know you'll fall in love with all her amazing projects!
Thanks, Jax, for sharing your talents with us!

Hello Craft Envy readers, thank you for having me! I am so excited to be posting on Craft Envy today and have a fun kids project tutorial for you! But first a little about me! 

My name is Jax and I run the blog {Aly&Ash}. I am a SAHM of the most adorable little guy named Asher who is all boy and has lovingly acquired nicknames such as; Basher, Beefcake and Chunk-a-lunka! (Check {Aly&Ash} tomorrow for a super cute pic of Ash sporting his new "Beefcake" tee!) And lastly between Asher, the hubs and the blog somehow I find time to be a photographer part time and have my own little business {DoChara Photography}. I'm not sure what I'd do if I had time to sit still...probably think of a new project! So with that..on to today's tutorial!

Easy Kids Project


Tic Tac Toe Game





Step One:


Have your kiddos pick out two pieces of scrapbook paper. You don't need much so it's a great time to use up scraps from other projects! Next have them trace around the deco rock onto the scrapbook paper and cut out just inside the trace lines.





Step Two:


Using a foam brush have the kiddos apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the flat side of the deco rock and attach cut out paper image side up. Allow to dry.








Step Three:


Next have them apply another thin coat of Mod Podge to the back side of the scrapbook paper and allow to dry completely.


 


Step Four:


The Board: I picked this up for a buck at The Dollar Tree. It has two long squares but hey, it was a dollar! You could also have the kids paint their board! *If you are really crafty you could cut some wood and separate the long squares but hey... I like the quick craft method: just fake it!





Step Five:


Play!




Thanks so much for having me over here at Craft Envy! Make sure to come check out some of my other projects at {Aly&Ash} Here is a peek at some of my favorites!






3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having me!! I am also running a HUGE GIVEAWAY on Aly&Ash so come over and enter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I have a project using that very same shelf from the $ Tree up my sleeve...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails