Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chicken Avocado Enchiladas

We had some friends over a few nights ago and decided to cook enchiladas. I found a recipe for avocado enchiladas that I liked and changed up a bit for a more carnivorous, yet health conscious crowd. Needless to say, they turned out marvelous! I had some of the leftovers for lunch the following day and I must say, I think they were even more tasty as a leftover!





2 Large Ripe, Avocados Sliced
1/2 Lb. Cooked, Shredded Chicken
1 T. Cumin
2 Lg. Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
1/3 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 Cup Green Enchilada Sauce + 4 T.
1 Lite Sour Cream (could use heavy cream if you really wanna be naughty :)
Pepperjack Cheese (or other spicy cheese), grated

Cheddar Cheese, grated
Whole Wheat Tortillas (or white)

Cilantro (for garnish)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 4 T. enchilada sauce into your 9 x 13 pan and spread around. Lay out 10 tortilla shells and distribute slices of avocado evenly among shells (2-3 slices each).


Next, place a little pepper jack cheese on each shell.

In a bowl, whisk together the cumin, garlic, lime, honey, and cilantro. Combine with shredded chicken. Add a little chicken mixture to each tortilla shell until all have an even amount of filling.

Mix sour cream and enchilada sauce together. 

Roll up enchiladas and  place in your baking dish, seam side down. (I do eight across and two on the Spoon a little enchilada sauce over all of the enchiladas and top with both types of grated cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 min or until bubbly and golden brown.




3 comments:

  1. Amazing recipe. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks so delicious I can't wait to try it! Thanks for posting, pinned to save!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on Shabby Nest and had to click on your picture, oh my goodness, these sound divine!! Just pinned it! I have been looking for a really yummy green enchilada recipe, and this looks perfect! I love cumin - the filling sounds soooo good! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what you make/do next! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ~Jen @ YummyHealthyEasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails